Quick guide to the rules
This guide provides a simple explanation of common Rules situations. It is not a substitute for the Rules of Golf, which should be consulted whenever any doubts arises. For more information on the points covered, please refer to the relevant Rule.
- S.G.A. rules adopted by the F.M.G. govern all play except where modified by the local rules.
- “Out of Bounds” are defined by white concrete poles, the inside curb of adjacent streets and all boundary fences and walls from houses or lots.
- “Water Hazards” are marked by RED stakes. Designated “Drop Zones” are an extra option to the rule.
- Stones in bunkers are considered “movable obstructions” (rule 24-1) and could be dropped without penalty (appendix 1-B5)
- Ant hills and paths are considered “Ground under repair”.
- Yardage markers are measured to the center of the green. Red=100yds, White=150yds, Blue=200yds and Yellow=250yds.
- Holes on each nine are handicapped separately. The first or odd stroke falls on the first nine one plays.
- The bunker on the entire right side of the 7th hole in Marina is considered “Waste Bunker” and should not be played as a hazard.
- If a ball lies “through the green” and an “immovable obstruction” on or within two club-lengths of the putting green and within two club-lengths of the ball intervenes on the “line of play” between the ball and the hole, the player may take relief without penalty. (Appendix 1-B6)
- All players should know and apply the rules of play and competition.
- ALL Cart and player signs must be observed.
- Please maintain a timely pace of play. Play “Ready Golf”. The estimated par-time for a “Foursome” is 4 hours.
- Is the players’ responsibility to fix divots in fairways, repair bunkers and repair ball marks on the green. Caddies must help with those activities.
- Soft spikes policy in force.
- All groups must check with the “Starter” before play and at the turn.